Friday 11 April 2014

Imperial Distractions arrive!

Took a night off from building the Knight. Could not help myself. Imperial Distractions first batch arrived. 4 sets of Storm Troopers, their Codex, a Baneblade and and a Tauros.

I have to let you in on a secret. I've been slowly building two very very detailed and lovingly crafter Inquisitorial Retinues. One is the "Good" finale for the +I+ trilogy (albeit your mileage on good may vary) and the second one is Rosethorn Redux, return of Inquisitor Eisenhorn and friends. Legion friend included.

I love working on stuff that I have such a passion, but slowly over a long time, collecting each part carefully and having enough time to contemplate and tweak. The overcoat from the new Storm trooper kit was the final missing piece for the big man himself.

Speaking of the new storm troopers, stunning work Games Workshop!!






6 comments:

  1. Migs - you're making me salivate... (in a good way!)

    Looking forward to the new ][ retinues - especially Rosethorn Redux, with the Legion addition - inspired by Pariah perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate and yes, for sure. :) Quite the jackpot that Legion was featured in that one too :)

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait to see your take on the new storm trooper models, they are an excellent canvas for conversions.

    More then anything though I am excited to see your rendition of Eisenhorn and his current crew. Adnett's stories with these characters has become a cornerstone of my vision of the 40k universe. And your attention to detail and inability to settle for anything other then exactly what you want/ envision (and not just settle with what GW mass produces) makes you uniquely suited for tackling such a project. I cannot wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eric. Much appreciated. Long time a go (in 2006) I won gold in the UK GT squad category for my "Rosethorn now" entry. I've been hoping to return ever since.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it was a fantastic entry! I was stunned the first time I saw it, it is still the only convincing Eisenhorn conversion I have seen to date. Your commitment to theme and unique vision of the 40k universe really made it stand out.

      Delete
    3. I'm happy people still remember it. It was a pivotal piece for me, I decided to change everything after it and it ended up being the last (for now) miniature I ever painted on black under coat.

      Delete