Tuesday 1 April 2014

Painting the Imperial Knight

...and expect it to be quite the undertaking as I am trying many new things and it's a massive thing with a ton of detail. It is also the very first model ever that I paint in parts and subassemblies.




I am getting very excited about the upcoming Imperial Guard release. This army to me won't feel a real army until I have several squads of guardsmen lined up to make the rest of the units look like the esoteric bunch of special operatives that they are.

4 comments:

  1. I could imagine this beign perfect opportunity to use your airbrush with full effect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will come in handy, but I really want to maintain the painted gritty feel, so while I definitely enjoy the new tool, I really don't want the models to instantly look airbrushed like 95% of even the nice airbrush armies out there.

      Delete
  2. I haven't played 40k in some time...

    But I'm tempted to pick one of these up to have a go at some of the techniques in the forge world masterclass books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a BEAUTIFUL kit. Pure joy to work on.

      Delete